Рейтинг темы:
  • Голосов: 0 - Средняя оценка: 0
England's Walker ready to sacrifice preferred right-back role
[Изображение: 48485.jpg]
England defender Kyle Walker is ready to sacrifice his preferred right-back spot and play sbobet789as a centre-half at his first World Cup, the 28-year-old has said. A key member of Manchester City's title-winning team last season, Walker has been deployed as a right-sided centre-back in a back-three by manager Gareth Southgate and is likely to retain the spot against Tunisia in their Group G opener on Monday. I have been playing professionally since I was 18 at right-back,sbobet789 so to go to your first World Cup and probably not play in your preferred position... is... well, not disappointing but a little bit of a step back," Walker told British media. I have to move on from it... as long as the manager feels it is going to benefit the team, then why not?" Walker, who was an integral part of a City defence that conceded the fewest goals in the Premier League last season, outlined the importance of reading the game as a centre-half. It is about reading the game, I don't want to leave space at the back to get on a counter-attack," he added. I'm a defender first and foremost, and if I'm playing right centre-half I am even more of a defender than the wing-backs". England will also face Panama (June 24) and Belgium (June 28) in the group stage.sbobet789
Ответить

Переход:

Пользователи просматривают эту тему: 1 Гость(ей)